The weather these days has been a bit of a roller coaster. Last weekend the temperature soared up to 37 degrees and what a better way to spend it at home and eat... cooling foods! Besides drinking more water, eating foods that can cool you down momentarily and internally are good for your well-being. I like adding cucumber to juices and even toasts raw as they have the best cooling effect as well nutritious properties.
This Avocado Cucumber Toast is a match made in heaven, they compliment each other really well and tastes really refreshing yet rich in flavors.
- 1 stick of Japanese Kyuri cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 a lemon
- Ground pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Slice of whole grain bread
1. Mash the avocado flesh until it's gooey, squeeze in the lemon
2. Add in salt and pepper
3. Toast the slice of bread until it's slightly crispy and golden
4. Spread the avocado evenly on top of the bread
5. Slice the cucumber diagonally into very very thin pieces
6. Put the cucumber slices all over the avocado
7. Finish off with more salt and pepper