Pie crusts are typically made with tons of butter, which you know not only the fact that it is non-vegan it also contains a lot a lot of unhealthy fats.
Ever since I've discovered Nuttelex Coconut Oil Butter - it has allowed me to make so much more vegan recipes! It is dairy free but tastes exactly like normal butter.
The first thing I baked with it was a Vegan Mushroom Pie. Here's the recipe:
- 200 grams of white button mushrooms
- Seasoning for mushrooms: thyme, pepper, salt and chopped garlic
- 50grams of Nuttelex Coconut Oil Butter
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of water
1. Pre heat the oven to 175 degrees. Warm the butter or leave it at room temperature for a while until it is soft
2. Sieve the flour and mix the it together with the softened butter and water
3. Hand mix the dough and press it hard on the pan until the layer is thin and even
4. Slice the mushrooms and spread them across the surface
5. Sprinkle the seasoning on top
6. Put into the oven and bake for about 20-25 mins until the crust is slightly brownish in colour