When people talk about Easter they always mention rabbits and eggs. As this is a vegan food blog... none of these will be used! Instead let's talk about carrots, a favourite of rabbits.
I remember tasting Mashed Carrots at a hotel buffet long time ago and loved it so much that I keep thinking of making that at home one day. The opportunity came recently when I bought a bunch of carrots and experimented with a low fat recipe that involved no dairy at all. The typical recipe you find online will ask you to add cream or butter, but there's none in this recipe. This tastes really delicious, kid friendly and so so nutritious. It can be the star of a home cooked meal!
- 5 normal sized carrots
- Chick peas for toppings
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch of salt for seasoning
1. Shave the skin of the carrots, chop it in chunks
2. In a huge pot, make sure water is boiling hot, dump all the carrots in
3. Cook for about 15 minutes of when the carrots are really soft
4. Take out the carrots and start mashing them into a puree form
5. Add in salt, cinnamon and coconut oil, continue mashing
6. Top off with a few chickpeas (or you can choose walnuts)