Post-holiday cleanse has started! One of the best ways to ease the bloat and get back in shape is to eat really clean - means cutting off oil (nothing fried!), sugar (no more cakes!) and carbs (bread...). My favourite hangover cure is a big bowl of breakfast made with something healthy like chia seed pudding or a hearty soup.
For this Piña colada Chia Pudding, only minimal effort is needed to soak the chia seeds in coconut milk overnight and the next day, you're all set! This healthy breakfast will keep you full and nourished.
- 150ml trim coconut milk (I use ayam brand, in a carton)
- 150ml water
- 30 grams of white chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple chunks - sliced
- 1 tablespoon of museli
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Nuts and raisins for garnishing
1. In a bowl, soak the white chia seeds with coconut milk and water
2. Stir with a spoon until all 3 ingredients are mixed well
3. Add in a tablespoon of honey and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, continue mixing
4. Leave it in the fridge overnight with a cling wrap on the bowl
5. The next morning, top off the chia seed mixture with fresh chunks of pineapple, muesli, nuts & raisins. Drizzle with honey.