Chia Seed Smoothie is just great for breakfast. I can wake up feeling sluggish or bloated from a dinner last night but once you have a fresh cold bowl of overnight chia seed smoothie, everything just feel right. Ready for the day, totally energised and getting the body through a mini detox.
One of my favourite fruit to make a smoothie is red dragonfruit which is really common in Singapore. Its ultra soft texture makes a great companion with banana, you can blend a nice and yummy smoothie with it and just top off with any fruits you like!
- Half a red dragongruit
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Half a cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Toppings I use strawberries, kiwis, red dragonfruit and more chia seeds
1. Blend the red dragonfruit, bananas with the coconut milk and water on high till mixture is smooth
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chia seeds
3. Set the smoothie in the fridge overnight
4. It's ready the next morning! Top it off with whatever fruits or nuts you wish