Turmeric has a lot of well known benefits and it's also a popular ingredient in India. The herb, which is part of the ginger family, is anti-cancer, anti inflammatory, filled with antioxidants and it also helps to improve liver health. It's usually used as a spice for dishes but it's getting more a more common as a Chai Latte type of drink.
Turmeric Soy Latte actually tastes really ok and not as if I'm drinking spices with water. The drink is really unique and goes well with soy milk for vegans. I have always added turmeric into my smoothie bowls but never tried making a latte out of it, and upon taking a sip, I am definitely a new fan already!
- 200ml water
- 200ml organic soy milk
- 3 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
1. In a small pot, bring the water, turmeric and cinnamon to boil
2. After the mixture starts to get thick, add in coconut oil
3. Pour everything into a glass
4. Optional: I frothed the soy milk, after which I pour it into the turmeric mixture
5. Finish with honey and sprinkle cinnamon on top of the soy foam