Avocados are great butter substitutes. You can put it in any baked goods from bread to cookies to cakes. Now try making pancakes! It's the perfect healthy ingredient to make a stack of dreamy pancakes or #breakfastforchampions.
In this recipe, no sugar or butter were used. I used very basic ingredients as avocado is the star. The naturally nutrient-dense fruit contains healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (good fats!) and nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. Definitely something to try including in home baked goods.
- 1 riped avocado
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Blueberries and honey for garnishing/flavouring
1. Sift flour and baking powder, mix well
2. On high speed, blend avocado and soy milk together until mixture is smooth
3. Add in coconut oil to the dry and wet mixture, stir and mix well
4. On a non-stick pan, scoop batter into pan, cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side
5. Make a stack of pancakes and drizzle honey all over