Since going vegan I’ve picked up the hobby of making dairy free desserts. I used to bake a lot and I was shocked by how much egg and butter that goes into every type of cake that you consume, let alone the whole hoopla about gluten. To see people enjoying a dessert that has no harmful ingredients involved is a priceless feeling. Think making cookies out of only peanut butter, sugar and tofu and taste like your regular bakes. Just, life-changing.
This rawsome Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake is simple, delicious and full of health benefits. It requires no baking at all and there is zero sugar or dairy involved. Amazing right?
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted soft Medjool dates
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked for 4-5 hours
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup raw melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- A squeeze of fresh lemon
1. Blend the dates and almond together and add in the salt
2. This is the crust, press the mixture together as the base, press very hard
3. Blend all the ingredients for the "cheese" together until the texture is similar to a smoothie
4. Pour the wet mixture over the crust
5. Chill for a few hours until the cake is set
Voila! There you go, a picture perfect rawsome vegan cheesecake.