My freezer is permanently stocked with Ice Cream. Tubs of it. I have came to believe that a freezer is built for storing ice cream. On the other hand, dairy-free ice cream is getting more and more common these days (even Ben & Jerry has a range which is really really good). But they tend to be a little pricey just like any other vegan food.
Here's a very simple version of Vegan Ice Cream you can make at home without an ice cream machine. I put this on my Instagram and a lot of people could not believe that it's dairy free... but it is!
- 2 larges bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- A handful of chopped almonds
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
- Date syrup
1. Cut the bananas into small chunks and leave them overnight in the freezer until it's hard as a rock
2. Blend the frozen bananas on high while pouring in the almond milk and vanilla essence
3. To sweeten it I added syrup made of pure dates
4. Once the mixture is smooth and even, scoop it out and put in a tub or a cup
5. Add any toppings of your choice! More banana slices, chopped almonds, date syrup...