Another recipe with purple carrot! This exotic veggie is hard to find and rarely pops up in the supermarket. When I first saw it I immediately thought of so many recipes that I cook with it. Purple carrots are filled with health benefits like the usual vitamin and beta-carotene of ordinary carrots, it's also rich in anthocyanins, the antioxidant compounds that give blueberries their distinctive color and superfood health benefits. Yes it's considered a superfood!
This black rice bowl is made with only a few ingredients and takes less than half hour to make.
- Half cup organic black rice
- Half cup water
- 1 stick of purple carrot
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Green peas for garnishing
1. Peel the skin of the purple carrot and use a grater to shred it to tiny pieces
2. Heat pot with half cup of water on medium heat, pour in black rice and cook until it's soft
3. Mix in the purple carrot bits and two tablespoons of coconut oil and pinch of salt
4. Garnish with a handful of green peas