Cauliflower looking fancy.
While cooking vegan dishes over the holidays I realise that most of them looks like a sloppy mess except for the fact that they are colourful. But if I were to be particular about presentation and making veggie look sexy, there's a lot to think about plating.
For this cauliflower "tartare", it can be served as a side or appetiser before something heavy for a meal. People will love the fibre!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 red and green chillies (be very careful while handling them, do wear a glove)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (from a jar)
- 1 salt & pepper
- 4-5 stalks of long beans
1. Chop the cauliflower into mushroom size florets. Cut the chilli and make sure the seeds are taken out
2. In a pot of boiling water, cook the cauliflower until its soft
3. In a pan, stir fry the cauliflower and chilli with minced garlic and salt & pepper until cauliflower is slightly charred
4. Blend the cauliflower until it becomes grainy (just 1-2 pulse for 5 seconds each is enough)
5. Using a cake mould, press the cauliflower mixture until it's tight
6. Flip it and release onto a plate
7. Cook the long beans with salt & pepper and garlic
8. Place the long beans on top of the cauliflower, drizzle your favourite sauce around