Living in a tropical country means I have access to plenty of exotic tropical fruits like dragonfruit, mango etc all the time! One of my favourite fruits is the red dragon fruit. They are super rich in antioxidants, contain vitamin C, polyunsaturated (good) fatty acids, several B vitamins for carbohydrate metabolism, as well as carotene and protein.
They are so soft they make a good fruit to blend for Nana Ice-Cream. I mean just look at the colours. Here's my recipe for a heart healthy Red Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl.
- One full red dragon fruit
- One kiwi
- One banana
- Toppings: one diced mango, blueberries and grapes
1. Chop the dragon fruit, kiwi and banana
2. Freeze the fruits overnight in the freezer
3. Once the fruits are frozen blend them batch by batch on high speed until smooth
4. Add toppings (whatever you like!) diced mango, blueberries and grapes