In Asia, fried rice is a very common dish everywhere, almost every city you go they have their own version of fried rice. I love quinoa and brown rice and decided to experiment making a "healthy fried rice" that looks good on the table, highly nutritious and very similar to the restaurant fried rice taste.
For the Quinoa Brown Rice Vegan Bowl, I've added bits of different vegetables that give the carb a lot of flavours. Every bite is filled with different aromas and when people try it they like it so much they take unstoppable spoonfuls of it! Here's how it's done.
Ingredients (makes one serving):
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- Mixed vegetables - pumpkins, peas, purple onion
- Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
1. In a pot, put in the quinoa and brown rice together, add in hot boiling water to about 1.5 cm above them
2. Boil the mixture for about 10 minutes until they absorb the moisture from the water and became cooked (fluffy)
3. Chop vegetables like pumpkin, and purple onion into small pieces
4. In a pan, add mixed vegetables (pumpkin, purple onion, peas) into the cooked quinoa and brownie mixture, stir occasionally and add in coconut oil. Sprinkle salt for seasoning
5. Finish off the dish with some pumpkin seeds