Ice-Cream Sandwich is one of my favourite dessert indulgence... the combination of two pieces of cookies and a cold slab of ice cream is match made in heaven. It instantly picks me up on a bad day.
I made this Vegan Ice-Cream Sandwich to satisfy my cravings and also prove that you can eat all these classic indulgent snack without using dairy and sugar. Yes it's possible! And after experimenting several times, this is my favourite version so far. They can be eaten as breakfast on the go or as an after-meal dessert. I can't wait to make more of these cookies soon!
(Cookies - makes about 6)
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablepoons of honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup soy milk
(Ice-Cream - makes about 3)
- 2 large riped bananas
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 table spoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence/extract
1. The ice-cream needs to be made overnight as it takes time to freeze. Start with blending the bananas until mixture is smooth and mix in all the other ingredients.
2. Pour the mixture into moulds that will make it into a perfect ice-cream size you like
3. Put into the freezer and let them sit overnight until they are completely hardened
4. For the cookies, sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cocoa powder) and mix well with the wet ingredients
5. Turn the batter until it's smooth with a spatula in a large pot
6. Roll the batter into 6 ping pong sized balls and put on a greased aluminium sheet on the pan in the oven.
7. Set the oven at 175 degrees and bake for 25 minutes
8. Assemble the cookies and the ice-cream together to form the sandwich